Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Art project, thanks to Bethany!!!

This past weekend, we took a trip down to Bellaire. A trip, that is funny, but really it took us a hour to get home! Crazy traffic!

Anyways...we went to see our good friends the Wolfs. We have missed them so much and I wish we lived closer to them. I was doing the math when I was putting down Grayson today. (What else am I suppose to think about??) We have been friends with them for 12 years. That is crazy! While I was there I kept asking Bethany about all these cute items I would find throughout her house. Her response was always "oh, I made that". Like it was no big deal. I could list everything, but I'm not. She really inspires me. Not only is she a great relaxed mommy, but a darn good crafty person. I should mention that her hubby, Mike, can make anything and everything as well! They are amazing!

She is having baby Ella on Friday and she made these cute framed letters that spelled out her name. I asked her where she got them, and you already know my answer. My chin dropped because they were so darn cute.

The boys and I went out today and bought the supplies that were needed. After everything said and done, it only cost $22. That is my kind of project! All you need is cute scrap book paper, a backless frame, a wood letter and some wood paint. Oh and some cardboard for the paper and letter to go on. That was it! (Hobby Lobby is one of my favorite stores. Everyone knows every other week the items you want will be 50% off)



The final product. I think they turned out pretty cute. I will say though, there are way more girl paper to choose from then boy paper.
Now if only I had a sew machine and knew how to sew........

No comments: