Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A little more patience and appreciation please...

Every so often I get an email being asked to pray for some little sick child/toddler. Usually it is about a kiddo that has some form of cancer and is dying. Breaks my heart every time. A new prayer request I have seen posted or emailed to me is about a little girl named Layla. You can visit her site at laylagrace.org.

The first time I read it, I cried and cried some more. It made me think about my two boys. Maybe how I wasn't being a perfect mother recently. Getting mad because he wouldn't nap, or losing my patience. Well this mother is about to have her daughter go to heaven. Each day now, I try (very hard) to be a better mom. Heck a better wife. I know this is the hardest part of my life. Well, I think it is raising two young kids. I know there will be a lot more obstacles.

I try to tell my kids I love them more often within the hour and I try to make them laugh more. I know I'm not perfect as a mother and wife, but I'm trying. Kids like Layla are inspiring to me in many ways. I pray for this family and this little girl!

Sorry this is a sad blog, but do remember to tell the ones you love, you love them. To hug more often and to forgive. To laugh a little more and to relax. To be spontaneous and happy, not grumpy because things might not be going your way. God can call anyone home at anytime. Scares me like crazy, but that is life.

No comments: