Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Feel Good Moment

The only person that can make Grayson really laugh, I'm talking a loud belly laugh, is his big brother Tyler. My main goal, maybe not main, is to raise our boys to understand the value of family. To be there for each other when no one else can. To love one another as much as Mark and I love them. To be the best husbands, gentlemen and friends they can be. I have a huge goal for myself, but it is all about baby steps.

I found myself melting into my car seat today after I picked up Tyler from Mother's Day Out. On our way home I hear Tyler in the backseat trying to get Graysons attention. All I hear is this...

Tyler: Grayson. GRAYSON!
Grayson stops whining and looks at Tyler
Tyler: I missed you Grayson. I love you.

Then they both tried to touch the other's hand. AMAZING! I know they will fight and argue when they get older, heck even later today they will. But it is okay to cherish these moments. Everyone is so quick to tell me it doesn't last. "Just wait, they will not like each other when they get older."

Isn't it about the positive? I feel it is how you raise your kids. I am a very family oriented person. My mom taught me well. That is probably why I talk to my family at least twice a day. I just hope I get that when the boys are older. If they don't call me, I hope they call each other. Momma is proud of you boys, keep showing the love!

No comments: